What you should know:
– Angle Health, a digital first health insurance carrier, raises $58 million in Series A funding, making health coverage more convenient, accessible and affordable for employers and members. The round was led by Portage with participation from PruVen Capital, Wing Venture Capital, SixThirty Ventures, Mighty Capital, Wormhole Capital, Mindset Ventures, Crew Capital, Aloft VC and Pilot Founder Waseem Darum; and support from existing investors Blumberg Capital, Correlation Ventures, TSVC and Y Combinator.
– Founded in 2021, Angle Health bridges the gap between health insurance, traditional healthcare providers, digital health and wellness by bringing these disparate point solutions into a cohesive ecosystem.
Health insurance for the modern worker
Founded in 2021 by former Palantir engineers, CEO Ty Wang and CTO Anirban Gangopadhyay, Angle Health was born out of the duo’s frustration with their personal healthcare experiences. Angle Health is a full-stack health insurance carrier that offers comprehensive healthcare benefits tailored for startups and technology companies. Powered by its integrated, AI-enabled technology platform, Angle Health offers employers a digital-first-care navigation experience with its fully customized, comprehensive health benefit plans. Telemedicine, behavioral health, and other digital health solutions — typically located outside of the traditional health insurance environment — are core offerings built into all Angle Health plans at minimal to no cost to members.
Angle Health’s insurance policies are reinsured with an insurer that has an A+ financial strength rating from both AM Best and Standard & Poor’s. With tens of thousands of members in every state and access to a national network of healthcare providers and facilities, top employers and a growing list of brokers and agencies including NFP, Gallagher, GBS/Leavitt, Aon and Hub, choose Angle Health as their health insurance companies and service providers.
Main benefits for members, employees, brokers
Employers, agents and members benefit from Angle Health’s unified health services:
– Personalized, mobile-first member engagement: Angle Health meets members wherever they are on their journey. Angle’s mobile chat-first app is a true partner in care. Whether a member has a question about network providers, service costs, or how to manage a medical issue, Angle Health is always there to take the burden of access and navigation off.
– Access to state-certified doctors, psychiatrists, psychologists and therapists is always and everywhere available. On-demand pharmacy services are offered through a wide network of pharmacies alongside convenient home delivery options.
– Clinical Concierge Management: Angle Health’s clinical teams provide personalized clinical support to members on their day-to-day health issues, including acute and chronic needs. Angle Nurses prioritize a multidisciplinary approach to ensure a personalized, technically advanced clinical wellness experience.
For employers and brokers
– Fully customizable service packages to meet the needs of every employer and his employees
– Immediate quotation and competitive prices across traditional ACA small group plans, level funded solutions and fully insured large group products2
– Optimized plan managementwhich provides seamless employee enrollment and retention, fully integrated with benefits management and payroll