- residents in eight Indiana Counties will have options for the Cigna Health Plan in the individual marketplace for the 2023 open enrollment period
- Plan features include virtual primary care via MDLIVE, $0 Benefit options and inexpensive prescription drugs
- Cigna’s Health Improvement Tour will visit the Indianapolis Zoo Saturday November 12thto offer free biometric screening and health coaching services to community members at the beginning of the open registration period
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., October 28, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Cigna’s (NYSE: CI) health plans will be available on the individual marketplace for Indiana Residents in eight counties, giving more people and communities access to affordable, predictable, and easy healthcare in 2023. During the Open Enrollment Period that begins Nov 1, resident one boone, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Henry, Johnson, Marionand shelby Districts may purchase Cigna Medical Insurance.
“Cigna Health Insurance is designed to support the health of the whole person and to meet our customers’ unique needs throughout their healthcare journey, including options for virtual care and $0 deductible and $0 co-payments,” said Lisa Lau, President of Cigna’s Individual and Family Plans Division. “We are focused on providing the people of Germany with high-quality, affordable and stable healthcare Indiana across the individual marketplace this year and beyond.”
Key features for Cigna customers in Indiana
- Round-the-clock access to virtual basic services: Members have access to MDLIVE’s family doctor network for routine video visits at any time. In addition, MDLIVE’s network provides access to virtual dermatology and virtual behavioral medicine. Members also benefit from access to $0 virtual urgent-acute care and $0 virtual wellness screenings via MDLIVE.*
- $0 Advantages: Select plans offer a $0 deductible or $0 Co-payments for various services. All plans offer $0 Prevention.
- First Dollar Outpatient Laboratory Coverage: Members with select plans have a predictable co-payment for outpatient laboratory testing regardless of whether they have met their deductible.
- Inexpensive prescription drugs: Plans feature copays of $3 – $25 for preferred generics and access to Cigna**’s Patient Assurance Program, which caps insulin costs $25 for a 30-day supply.
- Walgreens Advantage Pharmacy Network: Members can obtain 30-day and 90-day retail prescriptions through the Walgreens Advantage Network, a Walgreens-anchored network of 43,000 independent pharmacies.
- Incentives for healthy behavior: Customers over the age of 18 can earn up to $325 in points redeemable for a debit card or merchandise through Cigna Take Control Rewards® Program.***
Cigna’s plans for 2023 will also include digital tools, including myCigna® Website and mobile app offering comprehensive and personalized support to help members save money, identify quality care providers and facilities, and digitally access their ID card.
Cigna Health Improvement Tour offers free health screenings
Another way Cigna supports the health and well-being of Cigna residents Indiana is made through a collaboration with the Indianapolis Zoo. On Saturday November 12thout 9 am – 4 p.m, Cigna’s Health Improvement Tour will visit the Indianapolis Zoo to offer free biometric screenings that measure blood pressure, cholesterol, blood glucose and body mass index. Health coaches will be on hand to help people understand their core numbers and how they can take additional steps to improve their overall well-being. The demonstrations are free of charge, insurance is not required.
Cigna is also proud to be the exclusive supporting sponsor of the GO! Greater Opportunity Membership Program, which provides financial assistance to families who are unable to purchase a zoo membership themselves.
The open registration period begins Nov 1
Individuals and families interested in signing up for a health plan on the individual marketplace can do so throughout 2023 Open registration period, the runs November 1, 2022through January 15, 2023. Health plans purchased during the enrollment period and through December 15, 2022, are effective January 1, 2023. Health plans purchased on or after December 16, 2022 through January 15, 2023are effective February 1, 2023.
*Cigna plans in Indiana Provide access to dedicated virtual care through a national telemedicine provider, MDLIVE, located on myCigna. Providers are solely responsible for the treatment of their patients. Video chat may not be available in all areas or with all providers. This service is separate from a health plan’s network and may not be available in all areas. $0 Virtual care benefit for minor acute medical care not available on all plans. Health savings accounts and non-minor acute medical care may require a co-payment, co-insurance, or deductible. Virtual Care does not guarantee that a prescription will be issued. See plan documents for a full description of virtual care services and costs, including other telehealth/telemedicine services.
** Discounts are available through the Cigna Patient Assurance Program. $25 are the maximum own costs for a 30-day supply of insured, eligible insulin.
*** The Cigna Take Control Rewards® program is available in all states to all major subscribers who are active Cigna Medical Individual and Family Plan policyholders and are 18 years of age or older. All awards may be considered taxable income. Contact your personal tax advisor for details. Participation in the Program and redemption of awards is subject to current and full payment of qualifying awards.
Cigna Corporation is a global healthcare services company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of the people we serve. Cigna provides choice, predictability, affordability and access to quality care through integrated capabilities and connected, personalized solutions that advance whole person health. All products and services are provided solely by or through Cigna Corporation’s operating subsidiaries, including Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Evernorth companies or their subsidiaries, and Express Scripts companies or their subsidiaries. These products and services include an integrated suite of healthcare services, such as B. medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, benefits and other related products.
Cigna has distribution capabilities in over 30 countries and jurisdictions and more than 190 million customer relationships around the world. To learn more about Cigna®including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.