PUBLIC CALLING FOR POSITIONS TO BE FILLED UNDER DIRECT HIRE AUTHORITY (DHA) #20 DHA for AcqDemo Business and Technical Management Career Path (NH)
Public Notice Number: PEOAVN-DHA-1109-23-0005
Opening and Closing Dates: October 18, 2022 to October 28, 2022 (11:59 PM CT)
Position title: systems engineer. Multiple positions may be filled using this public notice
This is a salaried position. The NH-03 band includes grades GS12/13 according to the General Schedule (GS) system.
Full power level: NH-03
Location: US Army Acquisition Support Center, Office of the Program Executive Office, Aviation (PEO AVN), Redstone Arsenal, Alabama
Salary Range: $82,266 – $127,170
Work schedule: full time
appointment type: Continuous
Start date: On or about November 20, 2022
Laying: Moving expenses (PCS) will not be approved
Travel Requirement: Up to 10% temporary business trips required
Who can apply: US citizens, nationals or persons owing allegiance to the United States.
Requirements for the basic qualification:
In addition to meeting the professional qualifications listed below, your application package must also reflect the educational requirements listed below in order to meet the individual job requirements for the 0801:
A degree: Mechanical engineering. To be acceptable, the program must: (1) result in a bachelor’s degree from an engineering school with at least one ABET-accredited program; or (2) include differential and integral calculus and courses (advanced than first-year physics and chemistry) in five of the following seven areas of engineering or physics: (a) statics, dynamics; (b) material strength (stress-strain relationships); (c) fluid mechanics, hydraulics; (d) thermodynamics; (e) electric fields and circuits; (f) nature and properties of materials (relationship of particle and aggregate structure to properties); and (g) any other comparable area of fundamental engineering or physics, such as optics, heat transfer, soil mechanics, or electronics. -OR-
B. Combination of education and experience – College-level education, training, and/or technical experience that requires (1) a thorough knowledge of the physical and mathematical sciences underlying engineering and (2) a good theoretical and practical understanding of engineering sciences and techniques and their Applications in one of the branches of engineering. The adequacy of such a background must be demonstrated by one of the following:
1. Professional Registration or Licensing – Current Engineer Intern (EI), Engineer in Training (EIT)1 registration or Professional Engineer (PE) license by a state, the District of Columbia, Guam or Puerto Rico. In the absence of other qualifying opportunities under this standard, those applicants who have achieved such registration by a test other than a written test (e.g., state grandfather or eminence regulations) are only eligible for positions within or closely related to the field of their registration. For example, an applicant who obtains registration as a manufacturing engineer through a state board’s eminence determination would normally be considered eligible only for positions in manufacturing engineering.
2. Written exam – Evidence of successful passing of the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE)2 exam or other written test required for professional registration by an engineering licensing agency in the various states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico.
3. Certain Academic Courses – Successful completion of at least 60 semester hours of courses in the physical, mathematical and engineering subjects, which included the courses listed in the basic requirements under Section A. The courses must fully meet the requirements of an engineering degree described in paragraph A.
4. Related curriculum – Instead of an engineering bachelor’s degree, the successful completion of a bachelor’s degree in a suitable scientific subject, e.g. engineering, physics, chemistry, architecture, computer science, mathematics, hydrology or geology, may be recognized provided the applicant has at least 1 year of professional engineering experience acquired under professional technical supervision and guidance. As a rule, there should either be a fixed plan for intensive training to develop professional engineering skills or several years of previous professional experience in engineering, eg in interdisciplinary positions. (The above examples of related curricula are not exhaustive.)
A NOTICE: If you do not provide any certificates, you will be classified as unsuitable for this position.
Responsible for executing the systems engineering process during all phases of the product life cycle for DoD procured subsystems, systems, or systems of systems. Performs all systems engineering tasks to effectively implement disciplined systems engineering processes and procedures at all acquisition phases of the assigned subsystem, system or system of systems.
The definition of specialist practice is typical for work in the next lower agency of the Federal Service (GS-11/NH-02).
Some federal jobs allow you to replace your education with the experience required to qualify. This position requires you to meet the qualification requirements through experience alone:no substitution of training for experience is permitted.
A) Interfaces with contractors to ensure the constant and up-to-date flow of information to all parties for systems engineering and integration.
B) Prepares program documentation in support of systems development efforts.
C) Applies sound systems engineering principles and procedures to develop user needs and requirements into system capabilities and performance parameters, and to identify the system configuration.
D) Plans and develops systems engineering strategies, integration frameworks, systems engineering plans and systems architectures. Maintains an understanding of the program with a focus on cost, schedule and performance.
Conditions of employment:
1) Must meet eligibility for federal employment
2) Must provide proof of US citizenship
3) A 2-year probationary period may be required
4) Direct deposit is required
5) Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for registration for select services
6) Salary includes applicable local pay or local market supplement
7) Must possess or be able to obtain and/or maintain a secret security clearance for the duration of employment.
8) This position has a temporary duty (TDY) or business travel requirement of 10% of the time.
9) The selectee must file a financial disclosure statement, OGE-450, Executive Branch Personnel Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, upon entry into the position and annually.
10) This is a position for army acquisition, logistics and technology personnel. The selectee must complete the position requirements for Acquisition Career Field Engineering and Technical Management and Career Level Certification within 36 months of entering the service.
How to apply:
Please send an email to: [email protected] contain the following:
– Continue This includes your first and last name, current address, current email address, current phone number, job title, employer, duties and accomplishments; and weekly hours worked and employment data
– transcripts including the date your degree was awarded. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for application purposes, however official transcripts are required upon selection. Diplomas are NOT acceptable proof of graduation.
– Foreign education: If you are using education obtained from foreign colleges or universities to meet qualification requirements, you must demonstrate that educational credentials have been assessed by a private organization specializing in the interpretation of foreign education programs and that this education is deemed equivalent to that in a recognized accredited US educational program; or full credit for courses awarded at a US-accredited college or university. For more information, see: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visit-us-forrecog.html
Please submit all documents PDF or Word formatpreferably (not required) stored as “last name, first initial – document type”, i.e. “Doe, J – Resume”
Application packages will be accepted until October 28, 2022 at 11:59 PM CT.
Please note: Application packages received after the application deadline that do not contain a CV and certificates, as well as CVs that do not contain all the required information or are submitted in an illegible format will not be considered.